Welcome To The Store
Read about us and how we are trying to change the world or….if you are ready to shop for the coolest flowers alive… just tap the bags!
Sending Spring roses? See The Roses
And…Just so you know-you’ll only find American grown roses in our store because they are the most beautiful money can buy-the most aromatic, and the longest living. And…..because we are in America
>>> learn why we are red-white-blue and green
and keep scrolling to understand just what “green” is.
All the best, Lynn
What is Green?
Simply put, green is the conscience, compassion, and support of living in balance with our planet and all its beings. Having a care that our planet is not here for our personal use only, but to be shared equally with all living things. Being aware that your every action should have a forethought as to its impact to our wildlife, land, air, water, and another human. We are one of the most intelligent of the earth’s inhabitants, which comes with a huge responsibility of caring for the others we share it with.
Written 17 years ago….
“If today is a typical day on planet Earth, we will lose 116 square miles of rainforest, or about an acre a second. We will lose another 72 square miles to encroaching deserts, as a result of human mismanagement and overpopulation. We will lose 40-100 species and no one knows if the number is 40 or 100. Today the human population will increase by 250,000. And today we will add 2,700 tons of chlorofluorocarbons to the atmosphere and 15 million tons of carbon. Tonight the Earth will be a little hotter, its waters more acidic, and the fabric of life more threadbare.” *David Orr
With the advancement of our society today, being green can seem confusing, too much work, and not easily accomplished. Radically changing our entire lifestyle is the just solution but not realistic to most. However, starting with whatever small change you can…is. These small changes can make a huge difference; with others inspired to follow the path-and then a chain reaction will begin. See our recommendations page for numerous green sites we love for both easy and radical changes, and wealth of information-information that you just never knew….
The Green Definitions
- ECOLOGY - The study of the relationships between living organisms and their interactions with their natural or developed environment
- ECO/EARTH FRIENDLY - Any product, service, and lifestyle that uses renewable resources and/or does not harm the ecology, the environment, its creatures, or its future
- SUSTAINABLE - Any product grown or manufactured in such a way that it does minimal harm to the environment by not destroying the ecological balance of an area and/or without exploiting natural resources, communities, or its workers.
- ORGANIC - Any product manufactured or grown without chemicals in favor of naturally occurring pesticides, fertilizers and other growing aids whatsoever. These are clearly labeled as such by the governing country of the product.
- BIODYNAMIC – Is the relationship between forces and living things. In growing terms, it is the energies, motions, and non-chemical used in farming. The absolute best form of farming and living.
- HYDROPONIC - The practice of growing in nutrient added water without the benefit of soil
- VERIFLORA CERTIFIED - A US certification program for flowers guaranteeing their environmental and socially responsible growth.
- FAIR TRADE - A term referring to fair prices paid to hand made/grown products. Usually associated with those of poor foreign countries.
What you do and what you buy as a consumer can have some of the greatest impacts in terms of forest conservation. Unknown author
*Dr. David Orr is the Paul Sears Distinguished Professor of Environmental Studies and Politics at Oberlin College, and the James Marsh Professor at Large, University of Vermont.